Saturday, March 10, 2012

First post!

Hey everyone, my name is Chelsey!
This is my first post for homegrown-chic, a place where I hope to express my thoughts and give a sneak peek into my life where everyday I try to find the chic in the little things, in my own hometown!

As you all know spring time is fast approaching and with warmer weather on the way, it means it's time for some serious spring cleaning! The first project I'll be checking off my list this season is my closet! Purging your closet of all the bulky winter wear you own is definitely a great way to start, especially when you think about all the left over room you'll have for the beautiful, bright colored, spring clothing and accessories that await you!
While digging around in my closet, sorting and rearranging all of my winter wear, I came across a few of my favorite spring staples that are sure to get me through this season without breaking the bank. It's a great feeling when you blow the dust off that peachy pink necklace from last summer, and slip your foot into that nude sandal that your haven't rocked in months!
By reintroducing a few old friends from past seasons and reincorporating them into your wardrobe, these key pieces can be exactly what you need to add that extra something to your warm weather wear!
So instead of hitting up the mall this weekend, take inventory of what you already own and figure out a way to make it fresh. Renewal and freshness is what spring is all about isn't it? So take a shopping trip to your closet for a budget friendly way to breath new life into your wardrobe, you might actually be surprised at what you'd find!

My closet crusade:

Lots of cool colors and thick textures, but there are also warmer hues that have potential!


 
Clearly I have quite the short collection! It's time to break them out!
<> 
Nude shoes work with any season and can pull together any outfit.
<>  <> 
Bright, sparkly, statement necklace are definitely a yes for spring!

 

    Which key pieces are you going to take with you into the spring season? Let me know! :)





XO,
Chelsey


4 comments:

  1. where did you purchase/what brand are the tan sandals on the far left and the chunky gold chain necklace??!! they are wonderful
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! The sandals on the far left are by Kelsi Dagger, and I actually got them on sale at Marshalls around this time last year! They are easily the cutest and most comfortable shoe I own! If you're interested, you can find the same sandal in a different color at endless.com, if you look under the designer category and search for Kelsi Dagger.
      And the gold necklace is from Express, and it's called the "mesh link necklace" online! :)
      I hope this helps, and thank you SO much for your comment! :))

      -Chelsey

      Delete
  2. of course! thank you so much, it was very sweet of you. I hope you do a post of your closet/room someday it'd be really great to see. Ooooh and your wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime, it's no problem at all! And I would love to do a room/closet post sometime in the near future! Of course that means I would actually have to clean my room, haha! But I've been redecorating slowly but surely over the past year, so I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it up over the summer!
      Thank you so much for your wonderful suggestions, and I'll definitely work on putting something together very soon! :)

      Delete